The Assessment and Development of Managerial and Administrative Potential (ADMAP) is a three-credit course spread through the first year of the two-year PGDM curriculum. This unique Non-Classroom Learning course was conceived by visionary educationist Dr. M L Shrikant, Former, Honorary Dean of SPJIMR, DBA HBS in 2004.
ADMAP aims to empower students with the art of administrative capabilities in a fun and experiential way. It introduces the participants to ‘self-learning’ and ‘management of the self’ through the prism of ‘doing, observing, reflecting and recording’. ADMAP focuses on a learned rather than a taught pedagogy and it transfers the learning responsibility to the students.
This value-based approach to management education, in line with the SPJIMR’s philosophy of Influencing Practice and Value-based Growth, helps the students to become leaders, entrepreneurs and managers of tomorrow who can get things done even in the Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world.
- Help students learn how to work in a team of peers with diverse administrative styles
- Instil a professional attitude in students
- Assist students in learning how to influence without power
- Aid students in understanding various organizational structures
- Teach students what are the sources of formal and informal power
- It seeks to facilitate the Abhyudaya initiative which believes in ‘growing together’, by ensuring that the mentor-mentee bonding and learning is bolstered through continuous and effective engagement, creating a positive impact on the Institution, Alumni and Society.
- Aid mentors to develop a bond with their mentees by organizing events that help them bond better.
- Increase effectiveness of Sitaras mentoring sessions, attending the queries of the batch and facilitating all Abhyudaya related activities
- Increase the visibility of Abhyudaya across Bhavan's Campus, Alumni and all other stakeholders by spreading awareness through various platforms.
- Hastantaran: It marks the first interaction between a fresh batch of PGDM students and their mentees, as the senior batch hands over the mentorship responsibility to the incoming batch.
- Mentor-Mentee events: These are a set of fun events, which not only leverage but strengthen the bond between mentors and their Sitaras. Activities like quizzes, craft workshops, treasure hunts, in addition to impromptu bonding activities are usually conducted.
- The committee also regularly collaborates with various ADMAP committees towards showcasing the Sitara talent in front of the batch, enabling learning for both the PGDM participants and their Sitara, and eventually helping both in ‘growing together’.
- To facilitate seamless coordination between students and faculty, providing an enhanced learning experience.
- Load balancing throughout the year.
- Shared learning through Addas/ collaborative sessions
- Effective engagement between student and faculty for academic performance
- Learning beyond the classroom
- Addas: Carefully curated addas to meet the needs of the batch in specific subjects.
- Central Repository: An initiative of central repository which was a one stop solution for the batch to access notes, presentations and other academic content.
- To act as umbrella body by facilitating required learning experience and exposure to develop managerial and administrative skills
- To optimize ADMAP course learning through developing conducive & collaborative platform for all committees
- To aid smooth functioning of ADMAP course through coordination amongst ADMAP Committees and ADMAP Office
- To facilitate ADMAP course session discussions, workshops, visits, meetings, evaluations and perform research in alignment with the missions and goals of influencing without power, team work etc.
- To organize discussion/feedback sessions with ADMAP committees
Grey Matter Quiz: The event provides a platform for faculty members, staff, alumni, and students to come together for an evening of intense competition and full of learning.
- To increase awareness about SPJIMR among prospective candidates.
- To increase diversity in the applicant pool
- To ensure that the ADCOM team learns and practice new administrative skills in Marketing, Operations and people management
- To design exciting outreach programs to increase SPJIMR’s engagement with prospective candidates.
- To plan and execute the admissions process for the PGDM batch such that candidates have a glitch free experience.
- To achieve targets and service levels set up by the team.
- Conducting the admissions process smoothly through marketing events, logistics and interview management.
- To build and strengthen enduring relationships with the alumni and create mentoring opportunities for holistic development of the batch
- To facilitate activities of Office of Alumni Relations and engage with alumni at various levels
- To arrange interactions of alumni with batch and explore opportunities of mentoring and other enabling associations
- SPandan: The annual alumni meet on campus, invites alumni back to campus with their families. It helps strengthen alumni relationships with their alma mater as they re-live campus memories and celebrate achievements of fellow alumni.
- Alumni Awards: Recognizes alumni for excellence in leadership, innovation, service and social impact, celebrating them as role models for the SPJIMR community.
- CopAL Xpress: This alumni networking event, gives the students an opportunity to interact informally in small cohorts with distinguished recent alumni and gain valuable insights.
- AMP: Alumni Mentorship Programme with young alumni, allows the students to build a valuable mentor-mentee relationship with alumni and helps them be better prepared for industry
- AlConnect: The annual AlCom publication carries alumni interviews and offers students key learnings from the professional lives of notable alumni.
- To broaden the scope of learning and enhance the understanding of classroom concepts by bringing news impacting the business world and economic policies closer to the batch
- To provide the batch with regular updates on current trends in business and economic policies through various mediums
- To build up the awareness and accessibility of the batch regarding various sources of news and information
- To ideate, strategize, and conduct discussions with experts of Industry and academia
- To develop “Administration without Power” skill among the committee members and measure the impact of the activities on the batch conducted across the year
- BEPFeed: Providing readers with a short explanation of trending business news, every day at 11 PM, along with market updates at the end along with 4-5 other business headlines.
- BEP Knowledge Share: Sensitising the batch with all the relevant resources available on the SPJIMR library, highlighting individual value addition through each of those resources.
- BEPCharcha: A podcast series that declutters the most critical issues that impact the business and economic world
- BEPGyaan: Providing general knowledge pointers to Abhyudaya mentees (Sitaras) on a monthly basis about topics of importance to general society and business, in collaboration with the Abhyudaya Committee
- BEPKhel: Monthly Quiz based on BEPFeeds sent during the previous 30 days, hosted on Kahoot.it
- Business Conclave: To accentuate the learning of the batch through an already diversified curriculum, we organize the annual Business Conclave to invite opinions and insights from eminent individuals from the industry on issues of contemporary significance.
- Budget Session: To provide a platform for an expert discussion on the Union budget for the pandemic year and its implications for the Indian economy
- Experiential learning through live projects & Research environment
- To develop problem solving skills and provide exposure to real and live industrial projects from multiple domains and types of businesses (including SMEs and from the social sector)
- To develop the research acumen of the batch via providing news, data and live experiences
- To provide opportunities for case based, real business projects through events organized by the committee
- To ensure seamless industry connect with robust mechanisms for execution and feedback of live projects
- To provide opportunities to support faculty research
- Dhanda- It's a one-of-a-kind consulting competition in which the contestants will work closely with the business owners to address the real-world challenges that affect their companies.
- To create awareness about Business School competitions, encourage participation and enhance the winning potential of SPJIMR students by providing adequate resources and support.
- To enhance Internationalization opportunities of SPJIMR students
- To assist SPJIMR students to participate in B-School competition and international events.
- To increase outgoing and incoming international exchange.
- To enhance GFT learning and experience for SPJIMR students and look after other aspects of internationalization
- Red Herring Business Quiz - Business Quiz that tests the business knowledge and awareness of the participants while developing an interest in the domain
- How to ace the competition?- Guest session organized for batch to facilitate knowledge transfer for acing Bschool case competitions
- Facilitating Global Fast Track - Facilitate visa applications, ticket bookings and other related processes for the batch and co-ordination with foreign universities for schedules.
- St. Gallen Symposium: Global essay competition organized in collaboration with a representative from the University of St. Gallen
- To create and curate content for SPJIMR external communication channels and increase its brand awareness
- To establish a distinct identity for SPJIMR on the web
- To create and curate new content for SPJIMR website and social media channels
- To increase the awareness and engagement of SPJIMR on social media
- SPARC: A talk series on inspirational stories of people who worked with Courage and Heart to grow, contribute, and make the world a better place. Speakers from all walks of life share their brave and heart-touching stories.
- Nurture and sustain the cultural ethos at SPJIMR by igniting minds and celebrating talent
- To enhance and transform the cultural ecosystem at SPJIMR by creating platforms that celebrate the cultural diversity of India
- Div wars: Each division compete with another on the basis of several cultural and sports tasks
- To encourage diverse sustainability practices that instill social consciousness and general well-being through online and offline medium among the SPJIMR family.
- To facilitate the DoCC internship allocation process.
- To actively promote sustainable practices in the SPJIMR fraternity and our extended families.
- To sensitize the SPJIMR community towards individuals with special needs and existing social problems.
- To create awareness among the SPJIMR family about various social issues by bringing in the voice of known social leaders.
- To organize and facilitate DoCC internships after careful selection of projects and NGOs across India, keeping in mind the well-being of stakeholders involved.
- Ehsaas: The event provided a platform to small entrepreneurs, self-help groups, women micro-enterprises to promote their products. Hand-picked 9 NGOs from Mumbai and had a reach of over 1000 people.
- To enhance the financial knowledge of students at SPJIMR by creating a fertile ground for exchange and development of financial ideas
- To enhance the financial acumen of the batch
- To provide avenues enabling students to apply various financial concepts and theories
- To position SPJIMR as a pro finance campus among prominent B-schools in India
- Learn from Industry professionals
- FINIX – The Game night: Business cum finance event testing the participants on current affairs relating to the business and financial world as well as their ability to connect the dots to form a coherent business concept.
- To position SPJIMR as one of the top Schools of Management in terms of Health and Safety of participants, faculty, staff and visitors.
- To avail of Infrastructure and Technology support and enhance living experience of the entire SPJIMR family.
- Work in coordination with Infrastructure Committee and Back-to-Campus (B2C) Committee of the institute, to bring about changes in Technological, Infrastructural and Health care space
- Continuation of phase-wise & safe onboarding on campus, for SPJIMR participants, adhering to prescribed safety norms
- Conceptualize and Launch new, innovative and sustainable solutions to enhance facilities around, for a better experience.
- Collect, Analyze and Improve our offerings based on Continuous Feedback from our key stakeholders.
- WalkHIThon: An activity in collaboration with FIT-SPASS (a student initiated fitness club) to promote fitness among the SPJIMR Family. The month-long activity aims to inculcate a habit of walking among the participants so that they continue with this even after the event's conclusion.
- To constantly create and deliver value in the IM domain to SPJIMR participants
- To facilitate a shift in mindset from Information Technology to Information Management
- To create a window into the future of business through experiences in the latest tech trends
- To establish a sound understanding about various IM roles amongst the IM participants
- To leverage the expertise of the current IM participants and provide a platform for knowledge transferring
- To increase awareness about organizing and managing data and technology amongst non-IM PGDM participants
- OPtIMize: Annual Flagship Business Conclave in collaboration with OSCM Committee. Data Driven Decision Making in Supply Chain Management was the theme of this year's conclave. Enabled the batch to develop a deep understanding of the role of data and its relevance in business decision making.
- To enhance the brand equity of SPJIMR's Marketing discipline among internal and external stakeholders
- To build the strength of marketing area through knowledge generation and dissemination and greater academia-industry interface
- Enhance the marketing acumen of the batch to facilitate better performance during all their interactions
- Communicate the strength and expertise of SPJIMR’s marketing area
- The Conversations Series: The Marketing Committee started the podcast sessions on the SPJIMR YouTube channel. These sessions were conducted by eminent SPJIMR alumni, who shared their corporate experiences and in-depth industry knowledge.
- Case Competition Workshop: The faculties of Marketing specialisation conducted a Case Competition Workshop. The workshop taught the students how to approach a case competition and build as well as structure a solution around the same.
- Test the Waters: The marketing committee in collaboration with the Admissions Committee conducted an engagement event for SPJIMR PGDM program aspirants. The event was in the form of a business quiz followed by an insightful session on “Life at SPJIMR” aimed at giving aspirants an insider's perspective about the program. Some of the event attendees are now also part of the PGDM 2021-23 batch.
- Guest Lectures: The guest lecture events focussed on providing valuable marketing insights from industry experts to the batch. Interesting topics such as rural marketing were discussed with the batch. The lectures were virtual owing to the pandemic but there was active participation from the batch which kept the sessions interactive.
- Newsletter: The newsletter focused on providing insights to the readers in the form of a question and answer round with Industry leaders along with other articles aimed to engage the readers about the recent happenings around the globe. The newsletter was sent on a bi-monthly basis to the targeted audience which received positive feedback on the quality of the work presented.
- To bridge the gap between academia and industry in the domain of Operations and Supply Chain Management by leveraging industry expertise, knowledge sharing, and innovation
- To increase industry and alumni interactions by creating an Alum Mentoring ecosystem
- To align students with current industry requirements and expectations by providing an account of hands-on project experiences from industry
- To impart students with the latest trends and insights from digital supply chain management
- To offer a perspective for current market and industry scenario and new practices in industrial management through guest lectures
- To engage the students in an effective learning process through interactive events
- Opspire provides the Operations & Supply Chain cohort an opportunity to interact, learn, and benefit from the experiences of our distinguished Alumni.
- Meet The Expert is a guest lecture series focused on unfolding the emerging trends and use cases in Digital Supply Networks.
- The Committee endeavours to integrate the knowledge of theory and practice in the areas of people and performance, inculcating value-based growth, with the help of several events, discussions, and activities lined up throughout the year.
- The committee activities are aimed at promoting the significance of diversity, equality, dignity, respect, and inclusivity at the workplace in an innovative and interactive manner.
- To serve as a platform of enabling discussions and knowledge sharing relevant to the practice of HR and organizational behavior.
- To engage with industry practitioners to provide insights on people management trends and innovative practices to provide a cohesive understanding of the field.
- To hold events that promote an understanding of diversity, inclusivity, equality and dignity.
- To organize activities and discussions that would help students in enhancing their soft skills as budding managers.
- Corporate Etiquette: To enable participants of SPJIMR to be able to leave people with the best possible impressions, the Placement Support Committee and the OBHR Committee join hands in conducting a Corporate Etiquette training session for the batch.
- To support the Placement Committee in managing the placement processes and corporate competitions for the PGDM Batch while streamlining activities pertaining to corporate interactions in the First Year.
- Amalgamating corporate events with the academic requirements of the batch to facilitate maximum application of learning
- Developing connect with future potential recruiters through activities of the committee
- Improving the quality of student profiles (CVs) sent out to the recruiters
- Facilitating smooth conduct of corporate competition related processes
- Insight Edge: Team came up with a unique and challenging concept of providing an amalgamation of alumni connect and guest lecture for the whole batch to provide the connect with seniors in the virtual mode. Participants gained an edge through the insights provided by the alumni in terms of the job roles, industries, preparation process and how a day in their life looks like.
- To explore and play with the idea of spirituality in ways that can be engaging, lively and fun
- To open new spaces that can bring alive togetherness, oneness and mindful connections between self, others, and the world
- To build deeper connections among and between participants through novel practices of meditation and mindfulness (ex: hugging meditation, nature walks, wilderness connections, contemplative painting, storytelling, dialogue)
- To bring to campus music, drama and culture that helps us connect with India’s rich spiritual traditions
- To explore the contribution of digital tools for leadership development
- To propose and coordinate activities in the meditation hall on SPJIMR campus
- To promote SOS and CWIL across SPJIMR stakeholders through social media platforms
- To support CWIL in organising webinars, workshops, events, etc.
- The Annual Dr. M L Shrikant Lecture honors the memory of Dr. Manesh L Shrikant, who served as the Honorary Dean of SPJIMR from 1987 to 2014. During his tenure, Dr. Shrikant expanded programme offerings and introduced a range of initiatives and non-classroom pedagogies that helped anchor management education in the idea of service to society and the growth of the individual. His leadership and unique approach saw SPJIMR emerge as a top ranked school of management in India.
- To foster team-building and leadership through participation and spectatorship of sporting events that are inclusive of the whole SPJIMR fraternity
- To promote the importance of a healthy life-style
- Conduct sporting events to provide a gateway for students from a hectic schedule
- To facilitate practice sessions for each sport to increase likelihood of winning B-school competitions
- Minimization of inventory loss for the current year of working
- Drive for increased participation of women and students of other programmes in all sporting events
- SPRINT: SPRINT’21 was the flagship event of the year with both online and offline events being played simultaneously for the 3 days. With participation from all the top B-schools around the country and the campus stars battling it out in the offline events on campus, the event was the highlight in the minds of everyone on and off campus