Although many companies offer sabbatical leaves as a perk, a large number of employees have to quit their jobs if they want to pursue higher education. However, it is necessary that you keep upskilling yourself to keep pace with the trend and thrive in the job market.
According to a study by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in the management field will supposedly grow by 5% from 2019 to 2029. If you are a professional certified with an MBA or its equivalent programme such as a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), it will be much easier for you to get promoted to a managerial role.
Keeping such concerns in mind, SPJIMR has launched the online PGDM programme in collaboration with Coursera. Professionals occupied in their services can enrol themselves in this 2-year course to access high-quality management education, without having to take a sabbatical or change their location.
Details You Should Know about SPJIMR’s Online PGDM
The online PGDM programme helps the participants develop future-ready skills so that they can secure higher designations. The highlights of this course are as follows:
- 2400 Hours of Engagement: The total learning hours for the 1st year is 1140 and for the 2nd year is 1260. The sessions are scheduled after 6:00 p.m., twice or thrice a week. The duration of each session is not more than 90 minutes. This enables professionals to easily manage their course alongside work.
- On-campus Immersions: Participants can visit the campus thrice, each time for a duration of five days. During this time, they will get access to academic sessions, workshops, guest sessions, immersive experiences, and networking events with top business leaders across industries.
- 3-Phased Programme Structure: The two-year online PGDM programme is divided into 3- terms, each year.. During this time, you can access live sessions by the SPJIMR faculty, both core and visiting, case analysis and discussions, pre-recorded videos, simulations, and much more.
- Micro-Specialisation Options: During their online PGDM programme, participants can select three preferred areas of micro-specialisation out of a bouquet of six options. This can open the door for numerous high-designation job roles along with an increased package.
Career Options after Completing Online PGDM Programme
Some of the popular career options that participants can select after completing the online PGDM programme include:
- Investment Banker: Students selecting finance and markets for micro-specialisation can apply for the job of investment bankers. During this specialisation, students can get all the core insights about private equity, investment banking, and venture capital.
- Portfolio Manager: By specialising in finance, you can also build your career as a portfolio manager. You can implement new strategies, find new investment opportunities, and analyse market trends so that your client stays profitable. The course can also help you start your own company and attract clients to grow your venture.
- Digital Marketer: Do you have an interest in digital marketing? This is one such job profile that is in high demand irrespective of the business model. Today, every company wants to improve their brand image and stay ahead of their competitors. With a strong foundation in advanced concepts of digital marketing, it will become much easier for you to get into your aspired job role.
- Marketing Manager: The marketing department is responsible for planning strategies to lure customers into purchasing their products. With the necessary skills in marketing gained from PGDM, you can be a part of this organisational discipline and devise the right strategies to promote your brand’s products.
- Supply Chain Manager: By studying the advances in the supply chain, you can get an insight into the operations, designing the strategy, and innovation and sustainability in supply chains. It will also help you to crack a high-paid job or get promoted in your discipline.
Register your interest for this programme
Please fill in the following details
Why Should You Select SPJIMR for the Online PGDM Programme?
SPJIMR is one of the top five business schools worldwide as per Positive Impact Rating. The Business Today Best B-Schools 2023 rankings has awarded the institute with 5th position among the overall top B-schools in India. In the same list, the institute ranks top among the best private b-schools.
Here are the reasons for pursuing an online PGDM programme from SPJIMR:
- World–class faculty members and experienced industry practitioners from various sectors.
- Immersive learning opportunity to integrate practical applications along with theoretical knowledge.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure offering 24×7 remote access to its library resources to ensure that you get everything you need round the clock.
- Complete career guidance and assistance to help you achieve success in your desired field.
The online PGDM programme offered by SPJIMR allows participants to study at their own pace. They can go through the live and pre-recorded class after their work and complete the course on time. The curriculum is designed to help students meet industry requirements and apply classroom knowledge to solve real-life problems. You can download the brochure to check out all the details of this course.
Historically, sabbatical leaves were highlighted by American colleges to attract educators. With this leave, educators could further their education or work on any projects.
FAQs on SPJIMR’s Online PGDM Programme
What is the total intake of this programme?
The total intake for this programme is 100. The selection committee shortlists candidates based on personal interviews and group interviews.
Is it mandatory to have prior work experience to enrol in this course?
Work experience is not mandatory to enrol in this course. However, people with prior work experience are always given preference during the selection process.
What are the eligibility criteria for SPJIMR’s online PGDM programme?
Candidates will have to get at least a minimum of 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA in their graduation. However, they should have pursued their degree courses from a university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).