The event will be held across two and a half days. There will be two events to involve the student community: One aimed at PhD scholars; the second for graduate students across business schools. The first event will take place a day before the conference starts.
Event: Half Day PhD Colloquium - December 12, 2018
PhD workshop for doctoral candidates :
- The Colloquium committee will select approximately 25 participants who will be expected to participate in peer-review exercises, give short, informal presentations of their work during the Colloquium, and follow it up with extensive group discussion.
- Faculty members at institutions in India and abroad would be invited as discussants for each of the shortlisted papers. Each paper invited for full-fledged presentation would be assigned a discussant.
- The conference is designed to ensure focussed discussions among the doctoral student participants, faculty discussants and other academician invitees on each paper.
Applicants should submit the following items by email to _____________________ with the subject line _________
All items below should be collated into one PDF file named .pdf (substitute your full name where it reads YOURNAME):
- A TWO-page overview of your doctoral research that describes your research question, work in progress, and expected contributions. This overview should also include (1) a paragraph that articulates what you hope to gain from attending the Doctoral Colloquium, and (2) an abstract of no more than 100 words.
- A short biographical sketch on another page.
- An up-to-date curriculum vita.
- Optionally, one publication that you feel best illustrates your progress in your research.
- An email letter. These letters should also reference as to how you might benefit from the Doctoral Colloquium and how they expect that you might benefit the other students in this group experience. The email should have "________" + YOUR NAME in the subject header.
All submissions must be received by the chairs by_________________. Submissions received after this date will not be considered. Submissions will be acknowledged by email once they have been checked for completeness.
We are hoping to offer some financial support to doctoral colloquium participants. The details of this support will be announced in the future. Women participants are strongly encouraged to apply.