EXCHANGE STUDENT FACT SHEET 2018 - 20
S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is recognised as one of the premier business schools in India. SPJIMR is a constituent of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, a trust of national eminence. The Institute grew rapidly from one of the three B-schools in Mumbai in 1981 to one of the top ten B-schools in the country by 1994-1995. Since then, SPJIMR has consistently been cited as a top 10 B-School in India, and is noted for academic innovations and pioneering programmes, particularly in the social sector. The guiding philosophy of SPJIMR is “Influencing Practice” and “Promoting Value Based Growth”. SPJIMR sits on a sprawling 45 acre campus and is centrally located in Mumbai. SPJIMR is located near the new Metro and is a short ride from the airport. SPJIMR accepts students into its 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), equivalent to MBA.
Prof. Malay Krishna.
Chairperson- International Relations.
Tel:+91 22 61454372
Prof. Prem Chandrani.
Chairperson- International Relations.
Tel :+91 22 61454209
Prof. Debraj Ghosal.
Faculty – International Business and Strategy.
Tel: +91 22 61454242
Program Associate – International Relations.
Tel: +91 22 61454334
S.P Jain Institute of Management & Research,
Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road
Andheri(West), Mumbai 400053
Exchange Program Dates for 2018-20
- Term 1- From October 22nd 2018 to December 14th 2018
- Term 2 – From January 4th 2019 to March 2nd 2019*
*Due to modular coursework early departure is possible.
Expected Arrival Date
Come at least 2 days prior to batch start date. Late Comers may not be able to register for any courses.
- The medium of instruction at SPJIMR is English.
- A student pursuing his/her master’s programme at the home university is eligible for participating in the exchange program.
- Each credit hour at SPJIMR is equivalent to 21 contact hours and 60 hours of reading, projects, assignment, etc.
- SPJIMR offers courses in areas of General Management, Operations, Marketing, Finance and Information Management.
- The course work is a mixture of class room learning, group work, individual assignments and written examinations.
- The exchange student is eligible to enroll in a minimum of one and more than one cluster and semester
- Completed Application Form
- Copy of Academic Transcripts
- Statement that Medium of Instruction is English
Student visa required.
Processing time for a visa can be up to three months at the Indian consulate!
When enrolling, students are required to present proof of coverage by a German/ Indian health insurance carrier. Students will also be asked to enroll into on-campus health program, which includes a doctor-on-site, doctor-on-call and ambulatory services with an estimated one time payment of INR 550/-.
Exchange students are expected to arrive at SPJIMR in sufficient time to get settled prior to the start of their exchange program. On prior notice, the institute can help in arranging an airport pick up for the student. The International Relations Department will help with the orientation of the student.
SPJIMR does have basic student housing. Rooms are in high demand and if these are needed, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org 4 months before your arrival.
Note that as we are located in a heritage campus of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, the rules for housing include vegetarian food, non-smoking and non-alcoholic. While many of our students find that having meals outside the campus is a convenient option, you may also consider offcampus housing, for which we can make some introductions.
Hostel : INR 18000 per month for twin sharing and INR 36000 per month
Food and Living expenses : INR 15000/month approximately
Health and Insurance fees : Mandatory. Contact the International relations office for level of coverage and local providers suggestions.
Upon arrival each Exchange student will receive an Email Account, a Student Identification card and access to computing facilities and the Internet.
*** Expenses are based on the expenses on the year 2018 and may vary.