The academic architecture of the PGPM programme is divided into three modules:
The first semester helps participants develop a strong foundation in core management fundamentals. Key features:
- Functional courses: Courses across Quantitative methods, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Strategy and Information Management
- Individual growth: Communication skills, PG Lab, Science of Spirituality, Critical Thinking, People Management
(Click to Expand)
The second semester offers participants a deeper dive into their chosen area of specialization. Semester – II of the programme is divided into 4 phases:
- Phase 1 (Core Courses from one’s area of specialisation) – Mandatory courses in the respective functional area of specialisation: Business Analytics, Finance, Information Management, Marketing, Operations & Supply Chain Management.
- Phase 2 – Three weeks International Immersion at top international B-schools.
- Phase 3 and Phase 4 (Elective Phase) - Participants would get to choose from several functional, cross-functional, and general management courses. In these phase, participants are free to choose courses offered from other areas as well.
Participants are expected to complete at least eight credits from a particular area of specialisation to get a major in that area. This includes the 5 compulsory courses offered in Phase I and 3 elective courses that could be taken in Phase III / Phase IV. For eg: An IM participant will already earn 5 credits towards the 5 core courses offered by the IM area in Phase I. In addition to that, the participant will have to subscribe for 3 more courses (offered in Phase III and Phase IV in the IM area) to get a major in IM.
(Click to Expand)
The immersion module happens after completion of the second semester. Participants will be required to work on an immersive industry project. This is an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their comprehensive course learning in the real-world environment. The participants can either carry out the project directly in the company that they have received an offer from (since placements happen in Oct-Dec and this module starts only in Jan) OR can choose a different project in conjunction with their mentor at SPJIMR
Connect on WhatsApp Apply Now