The Assessment and Development of Managerial and Administrative Potential (ADMAP) is a three-credit course spread through the first year of the two-year PGDM curriculum. This unique Non-Classroom Learning course was conceived by visionary educationist Dr. M L Shrikant, Former, Honorary Dean of SPJIMR, DBA HBS in 2004.
ADMAP aims to empower students with the art of administrative capabilities in a fun and experiential way. It introduces the participants to ‘self-learning’ and ‘management of the self’ through the prism of ‘doing, observing, reflecting and recording’. ADMAP focuses on a learned rather than a taught pedagogy and it transfers the learning responsibility to the students.
This value-based approach to management education, in line with the SPJIMR’s philosophy of Influencing Practice and Value-based Growth, helps the students to become leaders, entrepreneurs and managers of tomorrow who can get things done even in the Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world.
- Help students learn how to work in a team of peers with diverse administrative styles
- Instil a professional attitude in students
- Assist students in learning how to influence without power
- Aid students in understanding various organizational structures
- Teach students what are the sources of formal and informal power
- It seeks to facilitate the Abhyudaya initiative which believes in ‘growing together’, by ensuring that the mentor-mentee bonding and learning is bolstered through continuous and effective engagement, creating a positive impact on the Institution, Alumni and Society.
- Aid mentors to develop a bond with their mentees by organizing events that help them bond better.
- Increase effectiveness of Sitaras mentoring sessions, attending the queries of the batch and facilitating all Abhyudaya related activities
- Increase the visibility of Abhyudaya across Bhavan's Campus, Alumni and all other stakeholders by spreading awareness through various platforms.
- Hastantaran: It marks the first interaction between a fresh batch of PGDM students and their mentees, as the senior batch hands over the mentorship responsibility to the incoming batch.
- Mentor-Mentee events: These are a set of fun events, which not only leverage but strengthen the bond between mentors and their Sitaras. Activities like quizzes, craft workshops, treasure hunts, in addition to impromptu bonding activities are usually conducted.
- The committee also regularly collaborates with various ADMAP committees towards showcasing the Sitara talent in front of the batch, enabling learning for both the PGDM participants and their Sitara, and eventually helping both in ‘growing together’.
- To facilitate seamless coordination between students and faculty, providing an enhanced learning experience.
- Load balancing throughout the year.
- Shared learning through Addas/ collaborative sessions
- Effective engagement between student and faculty for academic performance
- Learning beyond the classroom
- Addas: Carefully curated addas to meet the needs of the batch in specific subjects.
- Central Repository: An initiative of central repository which was a one stop solution for the batch to access notes, presentations and other academic content.
- To act as umbrella body by facilitating required learning experience and exposure to develop managerial and administrative skills
- To optimize ADMAP course learning through developing conducive & collaborative platform for all committees
- To aid smooth functioning of ADMAP course through coordination amongst ADMAP Committees and ADMAP Office
- To facilitate ADMAP course session discussions, workshops, visits, meetings, evaluations and perform research in alignment with the missions and goals of influencing without power, team work etc.
- To organize discussion/feedback sessions with ADMAP committees
Grey Matter Quiz: The event provides a platform for faculty members, staff, alumni, and students to come together for an evening of intense competition and full of learning.
- To increase awareness about SPJIMR among prospective candidates.
- To increase diversity in the applicant pool
- To ensure that the ADCOM team learns and practice new administrative skills in Marketing, Operations and people management
- To design exciting outreach programs to increase SPJIMR’s engagement with prospective candidates.
- To plan and execute the admissions process for the PGDM batch such that candidates have a glitch free experience.
- To achieve targets and service levels set up by the team.
- Conducting the admissions process smoothly through marketing events, logistics and interview management.
- To build and strengthen enduring relationships with the alumni and create mentoring opportunities for holistic development of the batch
- To facilitate activities of Office of Alumni Relations and engage with alumni at various levels
- To arrange interactions of alumni with batch and explore opportunities of mentoring and other enabling associations
- SPandan: The annual alumni meet on campus, invites alumni back to campus with their families. It helps strengthen alumni relationships with their alma mater as they re-live campus memories and celebrate achievements of fellow alumni.
- Alumni Awards: Recognizes alumni for excellence in leadership, innovation, service and social impact, celebrating them as role models for the SPJIMR community.
- CopAL Xpress: This alumni networking event, gives the students an opportunity to interact informally in small cohorts with distinguished recent alumni and gain valuable insights.
- AMP: Alumni Mentorship Programme with young alumni, allows the students to build a valuable mentor-mentee relationship with alumni and helps them be better prepared for industry
- AlConnect: The annual AlCom publication carries alumni interviews and offers students key learnings from the professional lives of notable alumni.
- To create awareness about Business School competitions, encourage participation and enhance the winning potential of SPJIMR students by providing adequate resources and support.
- To enhance Internationalization opportunities of SPJIMR students
- To assist SPJIMR students to participate in B-School competition and international events.
- To increase outgoing and incoming international exchange.
- To enhance GFT learning and experience for SPJIMR students and look after other aspects of internationalization
- Red Herring Business Quiz - Business Quiz that tests the business knowledge and awareness of the participants while developing an interest in the domain
- How to ace the competition?- Guest session organized for batch to facilitate knowledge transfer for acing Bschool case competitions
- Facilitating Global Fast Track - Facilitate visa applications, ticket bookings and other related processes for the batch and co-ordination with foreign universities for schedules.
- St. Gallen Symposium: Global essay competition organized in collaboration with a representative from the University of St. Gallen
- To create and curate content for SPJIMR external communication channels and increase its brand awareness
- To establish a distinct identity for SPJIMR on the web
- To create and curate new content for SPJIMR website and social media channels
- To increase the awareness and engagement of SPJIMR on social media
- SPARC: A talk series on inspirational stories of people who worked with Courage and Heart to grow, contribute, and make the world a better place. Speakers from all walks of life share their brave and heart-touching stories.
- To encourage diverse sustainability practices that instill social consciousness and general well-being through online and offline medium among the SPJIMR family.
- To facilitate the DoCC internship allocation process.
- To actively promote sustainable practices in the SPJIMR fraternity and our extended families.
- To sensitize the SPJIMR community towards individuals with special needs and existing social problems.
- To create awareness among the SPJIMR family about various social issues by bringing in the voice of known social leaders.
- To organize and facilitate DoCC internships after careful selection of projects and NGOs across India, keeping in mind the well-being of stakeholders involved.
- Ehsaas: The event provided a platform to small entrepreneurs, self-help groups, women micro-enterprises to promote their products. Hand-picked 9 NGOs from Mumbai and had a reach of over 1000 people.
- To support the Placement Committee in managing the placement processes and corporate competitions for the PGDM Batch while streamlining activities pertaining to corporate interactions in the First Year.
- Amalgamating corporate events with the academic requirements of the batch to facilitate maximum application of learning
- Developing connect with future potential recruiters through activities of the committee
- Improving the quality of student profiles (CVs) sent out to the recruiters
- Facilitating smooth conduct of corporate competition related processes
- Insight Edge: Team came up with a unique and challenging concept of providing an amalgamation of alumni connect and guest lecture for the whole batch to provide the connect with seniors in the virtual mode. Participants gained an edge through the insights provided by the alumni in terms of the job roles, industries, preparation process and how a day in their life looks like.
List of newly introduced ADMAP committees for 2022-24