The abundance of data and statistics creates opportunities for business leaders to make better selections. The task is that interpreting data from more than one resource isn’t common knowledge for maximum business specialists. How do we understand which algorithm to use? How can we know when to apply our human judgment? What are the practical business applications of artificial intelligence?
Business analytics skill sets are a requirement across a selection of job functions and are exclusively in high demand from employers. In fact, job postings for this skill set have expanded by 130 percent from September 2016 to the present. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects growth for enterprise analytics competencies to leap 10.9 percent, outpacing the country-wide growth average of 5.2 percent for all jobs, from 2018 to 2028.
In the non-technical Applied Business Analytics program, you will analyze a practical framework that includes data models, predictions, value and cost, building confidence in the usage of statistical models to enhance decision-making. After completion of the Applied Business Analytics Programme, you'll be able to make judgments such as which analytical method is the most suitable for your business model, and more importantly, how to tackle Big Data statistics and leverage it for better business and enterprise decision-making.
Managerial Decision-Making with Business Analytics
- Overview of business analytics tools and techniques
- Which technique to use when?
- Various applications of analytics in business
- Competing using analytics - Netflix, Amazon, JW Mariott etc
Using Business Analytics to Interpret & Analyze Data
- What is data literacy?
- How to use data for decision-making?
- Building a data strategy
Understanding Machine Learning and its Business Applications
- Supervised techniques
- Unsupervised techniques
Tools and Frameworks to Build Predictive Models
- Available tools and their characteristics, building models
Making Predictions Using Data
- The data features, discussions on features importance, relevance etc.
Customer Analytics: Using Analytics to Serve Customers Better
- Using analytics for customer service
- How to understand customers using analytics?
- How can we track customer behavior?
Course Learning Outcomes
This programme will enable participants to
- Identifying analytics challenges and untapped data sources in your organisation or industry
- Recognize the breadth of analytic applications
- Apply best practices for data analytics process management, including establishing workflows, identifying interdependencies, and recognizing when to utilize human judgment
- Evaluating and improving your organisation’s analytical maturity and quality
- Discuss how to use analytics problem solving to lead teams and design deliverables
- Describe common algorithms, their appropriate applications across domains, and their limitations
Who should attend
This online programme is ideal for managers and leaders who want to turn data into a competitive advantage by advancing their analytics skills. Participants will learn how to decide which is the best tool for their challenge, and how to apply different models. Participants come from a broad range of industries, job functions, and management levels.