Any strategy would not be considered a best one unless you understand the implications and impacts in financial terms. This programme is geared at enabling executives form non-finance background to develop financial acumen so as to get greater understanding of financial impact of their work. The programme strives to achieve this by introducing the knowledge of critical financial principles so as to impact the critical decisions in a positive way through an eye of finance.
Programme has set its goals to fulfil requirements of managers from non-finance functions to expose them to financial nuances for decision making purpose by developing Financial Acumen. Deciphering financial concepts and developing the ability to see the business implications of numbers is a key outcome of this programme, which aims to help participants:
- To appreciate impact of finance on decisions and vice-versa.
- To analyse financial statements to arrive at better informed decisions
- To enable them to discuss relevant financial issues with finance managers/stakeholders in their organisation
- To understand the implications of various decisions on company financials
- Understanding self to build a personal vision
- Enhancing emotional intelligence to build effective relationships
- Navigating self in an ambiguous, uncertain, complex world
- Influencing change through realisation of my ‘Personal Power’
- Applying my ‘Best Self’
Understanding the Basics of Accounting
- The accounting equation
- Cash Vs. accrual
Demystifying the basics of Financial performance
- Income statement
- What it tells you (and doesn’t!)
- Cracking the jargon (EBIT, EBITDA etc.)
Demystifying the measures of Financial position
- What are Assets, Liabilities and Equity?
- Why you should read the balance sheet
- Cracking the jargon (Leverage, capital etc.)
Why cash is called the king?- Demystifying Cash Flows
- What are the Inflows and outflows?
- The critical difference: Cash vs. profit
The basics of Financial analysis
- Is the business on track? Simple measures of profitability, liquidity and efficiency
- Financial decision making
- Opportunity cost
From where the money comes/Can Come?
- Common sources of capital
- Debt vs Equity
- The positive and negative sides of debt
- Cost of debt and equity
How to decide on Investing options?
- Time value of money
- Basic principles of appraisal
- Popular methods of appraisal: Payback, NPV, IRR
How to plan and track the growth?
- Why we need budgets
- Types of budgets
- Preparing the profitability budget
How to assess day-to-day efficiency?
- What is working capital?
- Kinds of working capital
- Operating cycle and components of working capital
- Working capital management and decision-making.
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for, anyone who has a need to improve financial acumen for decision making purpose, including:
- Managers, senior managers, middle level executives in non-financial positions
- Self-employed professionals
- Experience Sharing
- In-session exercises
- Discussions on Financials of companies
- Case Discussions
Programme Dates & Fees Details :
24th, 25th, 31st July and 1st August 2021
Saturday 2.30 pm – 6.15 pm
Sunday 10.00 am – 1.15 pm
Rs. 25,000 + 18% Taxes
Early Bird, Group and Bhavan's Alumni discount available kindly connect with us for further details.
Tel: +91 22 61454200