Design Thinking, an approach to innovation that is iterative and immersive, has recently
We present an approach to Design Thinking that marries the best of international knowledge in the area, with the approaches that are fine-tuned and tailored to our unique context. The
By the end of this programme, participants will:
- Understand the philosophy and process of design thinking, and be able to practise it in specific settings.
- Understand the importance of the design thinking mindset, and the roadmap to building it as an element of organisational culture.
- Be able to derive and structure relevant insights for unstructured problem situations.
- Enhance and practise skills of rapid prototyping.
- Uncover their own creative potential, through both divergent and convergent techniques.
The programme will build a comprehensive understanding of an emerging technique to facilitate continuous innovation and change in organisations. It will also enable participants to rediscover their faith in their own creative potential. It is ideal as a starting point for chief executives and innovation officers looking to build an innovative culture, or as a refinement for leaders who have already made some progress down the design thinking journey.
Who Should Attend
This programme is intended for CEOs, CMOs and chief innovation officers charged with accelerating innovation. It requires a senior management perspective and is not restricted to any single department. Ideally, participants should be senior enough to influence the course of innovation in the respective organisations. Senior middle managers with a responsibility for innovation may alse be good candidates for this workshop.
- Categories of problems- why is design thinking needed
- How design thinking differs from conventional approaches
- Innovation versus creativity
- Immersive insights- sources and users
- Unblocking the mind- Systematic Innovative thinking
- Rapid prototyping
- Putting it all together
- The DT mindset- barriers and roadmap
The programme is highly interactive, with a stress on learning through doing. Participants will practise techniques in the field. Industry experts will be brought in for specialised sessions. Case studies, video based classes, co-created insight sessions, combine to make a highly energetic and enriching workshop. The workshop culminates with a complete design thinking challenge which participants will solve in the workshop itself.
17th & 18th February 2017
09:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Rs. 35,000 + Taxes
Contact person: Divyam Vaid
Tel: 91 22 61454348
Please be considerate of instructors on the waitlist and provide ample time for substitution. Cancellations must be submitted in writing up to 30 days prior to the start of the seminar to receive a full refund. As advance preparations are made for your participation in the seminar, a fee is charged when registration is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the start. Here is the refund schedule that will apply:
- more than 30 days prior = 100% refund
- more than 15 days prior but fewer than 30 days = 50% refund
- fewer than 15 days prior = 0% refund